Saturday, October 8, 2011

And then there was nothing...

Sometimes we tend to put in too much into relationships... i mean, give your everything. And expect reciprocation to the same degree. I mean, it is only natural to expect reciprocation.
I see that I have gotten angry when I don't get back what I want. I mean, I am no saint. I can't only give and be happy. I expect. There used to be times when I was almost a saint... but then i don't know how and what changed, but here I am...
We met in 2011 after her engagement in 2006... 5 years in the same city, but i don't think we even exchanged phone calls as frequently as our closeness demanded, and not for lack of trying on my side. But of course, one gets exhausted. There was some amount of bitterness that had grown... i expected that something would happen when we finally meet. Maybe the bubble would burst.
I was disappointed. There was nothing. Time does eat away at even the most cherished relationships... distance, physical or otherwise, matters. It is not easy to keep loving... to nurture a relationship without the things that grew them in the first place. You know, life still goes on...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey beautifully written. I gave you award today. Check out my blog!