Thursday, April 3, 2008

Solitary

As I stepped out of the building, the smell of the first shower wafted up to me... I took a deep breath of the fresh air, happy to escape my claustrophobic cubicle. It has stopped raining but there were still gray clouds that forebode more rain. The evening sun seemed fey. It shone contentedly through the gray clouds... dimmed but spreading the golden light. Just sufficiently bright, when it is possible to stare into the sun without having to squint at it. I don't think I would have tired of looking at the mellow sun... The sun that was not its bold self, shining on with no hint of embarrassment as its power was dissipating into the night. I looked around, and everything was touched by this yellow-orange light... the colour that we so commonly see in the movies of the 70's. The sun had gone behind the clouds... throwing those shafts of golden yellow in all possible directions... hiding, but not quite. It seemed to be beckoning onlookers to take those golden stairs up to the unknown and explore what lay yonder...
The driver got into the bus and started it... Time to go. I climbed the steps into the bus to start my journey into the night...while the sun prepared to sleep in anticipation of the arduous day round the corner.

No comments: