Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Flight

[One of my really old ones... I probably would've published it if I had found my diary. I had luckily sent it for some online poetry contest of sorts... So here it is :-)]

Chains...
Liberty to move?
A question mark.
Commitments,responsibilities,
Expectant looks...PRESSURE.
The load holds me down.
"JOY,Bound to these earthly pleasures,
I'm unable to explore you."
"PEACE,I've no earthly time
To discover you."
Closed eyes,deep thoughts....
Darkness...
A ray of light.
THE ANSWER.I saw JOY within.
I saw PEACE within.
I saw the broken chains,
I felt the FREEDOM.
I flapped my wings.
I took THE FLIGHT.

1 comment:

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I am amazed at your energy and versatility in managing five blogs at the same time. WOW!

And this was a nice post, which made me think a lot about the links and meanings of the words.